BUDGET AND TREASURY DEPARTMENT
Chief Financial Officer
The department is responsible for providing strategic direction on financial planning, management and accounting as well as guidance and support to the senior managers within the Municipality regarding the implementation of and compliance with the Municipal. Finance Management Act and related Treasury Regulations. The Department is also responsible for the following:
- Establish/maintain an efficient and transparent system of financial management and internal controls to ensure sound financial control by developing, implementing and monitoring financial control systems;
- Establish/maintain appropriate policies, systems and procedures to ensure effective and efficient management of resources by maintaining updated financial guidelines and ensuring adherence to these policies & procedures;
- Prepare financial statements for each financial year in accordance with the generally recognised accounting practices by ensuring the production of financial reports of the Municipality as well as providing oversight and management of reconciliations of sundry and suspense accounts;
- Ensure that revenue and expenditure of the Municipality are in accordance with internal controls (budgets) and legislative prescripts governing finance within the Municipality by maximising revenue collections, optimising expenditure, monitoring cash flow as well as ensuring that expenditure is within allocation limits;
- Follow up on the implementation of actions resulting from Audit Committee and Auditor-General’s reports by developing effective implementation strategy for implementation of corrective measures;
- Effective management of Supply chain management and ensuring compliance with legislation
- To ensure the financial viability of the Municipality remains financially viable through:
- Maintaining an updated General Valuation roll
- Billing all properties on the General Valuation Roll billed for rates
- Municipal Services are correctly measured and billed.
- Tariffs are modelled on cost recovery.
- Reduce outstanding debts.
- Ensuring all moneys received is accounted for.
- Improve debt collection rate in line with National Norms.
- Reduce debt turnaround period in line with National Norms.
- Enhance revenue base continuously.
- Enhance financial management practices within Koukamma Municipal jurisdiction to sustain the institution as a going concern.
- Ensure receipt of funds published in DORA.
- To ensure that the municipality maintains its Unqualified Audit Report status.
- Strengthen oversight functioning – performance of SDBIP
- Supply chain management and
Chief Financial Officer: Nydine Venter